Prime Rib Roast with Mushroom Cream Sauce
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: approx. 40 minutes Serves 4
- 3Lb Prime Rib Roast, with bone
- 1½ tsp Chef François Classic Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Grapeseed oil
- 250g Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped
- 1 Shallot, chopped
- ½ tsp Chicken bouillon, powder
- 1 tsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp White wine
- 1 tsp basil, chopped
- 1 dash cayenne
- 350 ml Heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350º Preheat a skillet to medium high temperature.
- Tie bone to roast so it is easy to remove after cooking. Coat Roast with oil and sprinkle with Chef François Classic Seasoning.
- In skillet, sear roast on all sides.
- Place roast in oven pan ( keep skillet on medium heat) and place in oven until internal temperature reaches desired doneness. For medium rare approximately 130º.
- In heated skillet add butter and shallots. Sear shallots until translucent, stir continuously.
- Add mushrooms and sear.
- De glace with white wine. Reduce until there is almost no liquid.
- Add cream and chicken bouillon (powder). Bring to a boil at medium heat. Once at a boil, reduce heat to a light simmer.
- Allow cream to thicken.
- Once cream has thickened and just before serving, stir in garlic, basil, and cayenne.
- Serve with Chef François Classic Seasoning roasted baby potatoes and choice vegetables.